Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

06 November 2009

In-Class Projects

I decided to make an "Art Day" using the lessons in the books we were using in a couple of classes. In my first class, we used the stickers in the book to arrange the furniture in our "house". For instance, the sofa goes in the living room with the TV, the bed goes in the bedroom, the toilet goes in the bathroom, etc. They enjoyed the activity, but I think Andy enjoyed the "negative" part of the sticker page just as well. (He's 9.)



In another class we made masks, following the steps outlined in the lesson. After several of my best attempts at "creating" string out of rubber bands and attaching it to the paper masks, the kids figured out an easier solution. They do say that often the simplest solution is the best.

I think their creations were great.


A rabbit and an egg, the most original mask ever.


One student (the egg) couldn't see (he explained that he didn't make eye holes because eggs don't have eyes), so his classmate had to point him toward the camera.



SpongeBob mask.





In another class, we made paper dolls. They decided to make teddy bear dolls, one of which was given to me after class as a gift. I love it, and will treasure it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment