Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

16 November 2009

Fresh bread and Cheese Sandwiches

I eat a cheese sandwich every day at work. Everyone thinks I eat them because they are delicious. They’re not delicious. I eat them because I can’t read menus at restaurants or the instructions on Korean food packaging. But I know what sliced American cheese and white bread look like. It’s easy, and it’s cheap. And I’ve never eaten fresher bread. It’s delivered fresh daily to the markets. Yum.

It has become my “thing” to the girls at work. Today Kate was hungry. I said, joking, “Do you want a cheese sandwich?” She said, “Sure!” She had two, and Erin had two. Kate said, “I couldn’t have imagined this taste, but it is very delicious.” I thought it was hilarious. Of all the American food to teach these Korean women about, I give them poor-man’s cheese sandwiches. When they heard about grilled cheese, you should have seen their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment