Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

05 October 2010

The Philippines in Pictures: My Favorite Souvenirs

I was so sick for so much of my vacation that I didn't really get to buy much in the way of souvenirs until I got to Manila on my last day. But I found some amazing things!

If you were a kid in America in the 1980s, you'll probably remember Mr. Wizard. I was so psyched to see this in the bookstore in Manila!


Super cool trivia book of American Presidents. Love the irony that I found this in the Philippines, not the U.S... It was autographed by the ten-year-old author, who intends to run for President in a couple decades. IF he does, it'll be worth a fortune then....


I think I read this book when I was little. Many of the jokes are outdated enough that kids today in the U.S. wouldn't get them, but I have found several to tell my upper-level ESL kids. :) Love the illustrations!


My super-nifty purse, that will hang on my wall. I found it at the same shop where I got the shell purse for mom. Love the colors!


Before my borthday, I couldn't find a tiara to wear. So when I found one in the Halloween section at the Hypermarket, I had to have it!


My fancy mask, for the wall.


My "blowfish" keychain.

No comments:

Post a Comment