Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

05 October 2010

The Philippines in Pictures: Days 15-16, Leaving PG, Manila, and the Mall of Asia

Getting ready to leave from Sabang.




Sabang, looking back.




Shanties on the way to Manila, from the bus.


In Manila.








Manila skyline.


Unfortunately-named restaurant at the Mall of Asia.


Nifty painted murals.


This made me think of my favorite little girls, who love to dress as princesses as often as possible.


Such a cool ride, inside the mall.


This made me think of a buxom friend. :) (It's a rib joint.)




I found an awesome used bookstore in the mall. I was so excited so see a store full of English books and mags! This sign got me though...do they expect you to read everything publicly? Out loud?


My mom said that she would like something "shell" from the Philippines. She said "any color" and "the more colorful the better". I thought this orange fiberglass shell purse fit the bill nicely. :) I knew she'd be surprised, but would laugh. I was right. :)


This is what I told her I was sending. heehee. Much tackier, in my opinion.


One shop had several purses and bracelets made by poor women in slums using soda can tabs. I thought they were amazing, and would have bought one, but they were WAAAAYYY expensive.






The abalone shells were beautiful. I was afraid I would break it going home though.


There was also an ick rink inside the mall.


I guess I'll take your word for it.


Manila airport.


Exhausted, and ready to go home.


This is a photo of the Puerto Galera area on Oriental Mindoro. It's behind glass, so the glare is a bit hard to see through. The middle area where there are lots of buildings is Puerto Galera proper, with the port on the left(west) side. If you look to the top(north), you can see Sabang and Small Lalaguna on the northern coast.


These kids shoes light up and make sounds when you walk. Fun and creepy.


Goodbye Manila.


Really? How many people must have walked into this not realizing there was glass to necessitate a sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment