Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

07 October 2010

Adventures in Food and Shopping with Jazmin

My friend Jazmin and I decided to go downtown for some dinner and shopping at Seomun Market. While the atmosphere at the restaurant was lovely (we sat outside on the patio, listening to a live pianist), the food was...well...confusing.

Jazmin had a steak covered with a sauce, with another sauce underneath. (Koreans sure love their sauces.) She had one piece of 3-4 vegetables on the side (hot), a dollop of whipped potatoes with a cucumber garnish (cold), and 2 extra sauces on the side(just for balance, I suppose).


Mine was a carb disaster. Breaded "chicken" drizzled with mustard, on top of some kind of steak or barbecue sauce. With an enormous "side" of spaghetti with meat sauce (not chicken). A ball of cold rice the size of a large marble and 5 french fries rounded it out. Oh, and ketchup. How could I forget about the sauce?


Too bad my feet are man-sized in Korea. And I'm not five.


I did, however, think these were adorable. Jaz informed me that on the wrong child, though, they're unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment