Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

15 October 2010

Manager's Birthday

Everyone at work decided to go out to celebrate my manager's birthday. We went to a galbi (Korean barbecue) place near work. I don't care much for pork, but one of the teachers ordered some delicious beef for me. I'm always impressed by how many dishes fill the table when eating Korean-style. As with most Korean gatherings, soju and drinking games were the main event, after all that pesky food got out of the way. :) I'm glad I don't drink, or I'd be dead. They're troopers, and my manager's the Queen.

Preparing the meat. Using scissors to cut long strips of half-cooked meat is ingenious.




The Jaeshi (retest/detention) teachers.


My partner teacher Eun Kyung on the left, overseeing the cooking.


Andrew, a floater, is trying to decide what to eat next.


That's a lot of candles! No wonder Koreans usually only use one tall one for each decade. Us "foreign folk" didn't know, and bought too many.


Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment