Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

21 March 2010

Topics: Snacks in Korea

There are many snacks in Korea that I’ve never considered snacks before. I’ve been offered all of the following:

A cup of tiny tomatoes.


Squishy, slimy rice cakes with or without stuff in them. (They take like 5 hours to chew.)

Dried black beans.


Dried “cuddlefish” which is like a squid, and is disgusting.


There are many different types of dried fish for sale. They all seem gross to me.


Not popcorn, but popbean.

Cold french fries, with ramen-type powdered spices.


Cold tater tots.


Dry, broken ramen noodles, with ramen spices.


Boiled potatoes- Small or big, regular or sweet potatoes- No salt or flavoring, just eat plain boiled potatoes, often on a toothpick.

I’ve frequently seen, but never been offered, roasted bugs. They look like shell-less cockroaches, and smell worse than anything on Earth. I’m told they’re a type of silk worm. Ewww.


I’ve also seen chestnuts roasted on a (not) open fire. It’s nice to see at Christmas, but I’m sure how they taste.

I also saw roasted acorns at the Maehwa Festival. Didn't try them. But I like the picture.


I’ve seen other oddities too. Like green tea cake. I didn't even know cake came in this color option.

No comments:

Post a Comment