Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

24 March 2010

Koh Samui: Amadeus House

I found a new hotel for the next week, called Amadeus House. It’s less than 100m from the Muay Thai camp, so Jas and I will be close, and it’s on the same street as all the action and close to the beach. It’s also 300 baht a night, but looks much nicer, and no bugs welcomed me when I walked in, so that’s a good start.

I’m at Mr. Frog’s Restaurant now, eating large fried noodles with chicken (not pad thai). It’s quite good, and the patio where I’m sitting is comfortable and lovely. Bob just rode by on a motorbike, and stopped to chat when he saw me. Apparently he stayed in Chaweng last night at 500 baht, but thinks he’ll come down here to Lamai starting tomorrow. He said everything’s more expensive there, since it’s the party spot where all the tourists go. I gave him my small insights, and we’ll see each other again soon I think. He’s such a nice guy.

Jas and I have already managed to make a few friends here (of course she’s been here 2 weeks already), and it feels already a bit like home, which is lovely. We’re going to discuss what we want to see and do in our time here, and maybe we will move on to other places together at some point. I think she’d rather stay in the south, but I want to go north also, and maybe to Laos and Cambodia. We’ll see what happens. I’ve paid for hotel for one week here, so I have a week to decide. I’ve heard that Chiang Mai in the north and the towns in the northeast Isaan region are quite lovely, and very different from the rest of the country. And they’re a bunch cheaper, so my money will last longer there than here in the touristy islands.

A truck just went by announcing on the loudspeaker about the Muay Thai fight which will be tonight at 9pm. I think we’ll be there. It should be pretty brutal. Jasmin has been doing it for years, and she’s getting her butt kicked. Her training is twice a day for 2 hours each, and getting punched and kicked is painful and exhausting. The director asked if I wanted to learn, but I politely declined. I’m here to recuperate from the pain of the last few months. I don’t wish to be in more pain.

Amadeus House, my bungalow.


My balcony.


The view from my balcony of the sea.




The broom for my bungalow.


The view to the main beach road.


A cat found a great shady spot.


The biggest dead beehive I've ever seen in my life, now a planter.


Huge mountainside boulders behind my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment