Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

23 March 2010

Koh Samui: The Cottage

I easily found a ride to the beach where my friend Jasmin was, Lamai Beach. The road there was lovely, and the company was good.





I saw a sign for one of the cheap cottages I read about online, and got out. The "hotel" was down a dirt road about 1/2 mile, which was a bit difficult with a broken roller bag, but I managed. The place was called, aptly enough, The Cottage, and I stayed there for my first night on Koh Samui.

The outside was lovely, with a nice porch and courtyard.














The inside was a dump. The bathroom walls and ceiling didn't meet. Not only could every bug in Thailand come in, but birds and bats too, if they were so inclined. I didn't sleep well that night, for fear of bugs. Even with the bathroom door closed, there was a 6 inch gap under the door, so it didn't help.


No toilet seat made things either difficult or gross, sometimes both.




I checked out the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment