Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

23 September 2010

My Neighborhood from the Rooftop

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my neighborhood. I live at the highest-built point of the mountain, which sucks to walk up every night after work, but makes for a lovely view. All but the first two were taken from my rooftop. Welcome to Mujigae Town (무지개 타운)!

This is my building.


This is the steep street I walk up and down every day. I'd really like to find a way to figure out the angle... (Much steeper with groceries. I think!)


The older section in the foreground is at the top of the mountain, the high rises are at the bottom, and the southern mountain, Apsan, is in the distance.


Igok Elementary School.










Mujigae Town is the name of my area and also this apartment complex.
(Mu=무, Ji=지, Gae=개. Town: Ta=타, Oon=운.)




Kimchi jars and peanuts on a neighbor's roof. Two of Koreans' favorite foods.




Looking up to the top.


Great light at sunset.


The temple and monastery near my home, with the school palyground in the background. I can often hear the chimes when I take my dog to the park.




Rainwater collection maybe?




You don't have a yard, but there's always a rooftop garden.




Apsan.


No comments:

Post a Comment