Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

06 January 2010

Snow in Korea

When I was trying to decide which city in Korea to move to, weather played a big part in my decision. I was told that Seoul was the coldest, and (naturally) the further south you go, it is warmer. Daegu is the warmest city (supposedly) because it’s inland and surrounded by mountains that keep in the warmth. (Similarly, Orlando is the warmest city because being land-locked also means no ocean breezes.) I was told that it rarely (if ever) snows in Daegu and when it does it’s only a few flakes and doesn’t stick.

So imagine my surprise to wake up Monday to a full-fledged snow storm. What’s more is that everything was covered in a couple inches of white. The streets, cars, everything. It was hard to walk in and for cars to drive in. It took over 20 minutes to catch a cab, and once I did the cars were mostly stopped, as only 1 or 2 could make it through the light each time it changed. I began to wish more heartily that I had chosen to teach in Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment