Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

16 January 2010

Jasmin’s Birthday

For Jasmin’s birthday in January, we had a full night of activities. We went to Maya for a delicious Nepalese dinner.

At Maya.


Jasmin.


Romi and Amanda.


Shakara.


Most of the group.


Amanda brought a cake for Jas. I love the look on her face.


The man on the right is the owner of Maya Restaurant. A very nice guy.


Next to Shi-Sha for hookah.
Amanda.




Some of the girls.


It’s not my thing, but the ambience was nice. I went with Amanda to Billibow for a bit and finally met Lynn Harper, whom I had been speaking with online about a job.

At Billibow. The entrance hall.


Above the bar, dozens of tiny skeletons in nooses. I don't know why.


We met up with the rest at Urban, where I felt like I was meat on display, and had a guy lick me as a hello. (I didn’t know him. It was gross.)

Kelly and Jasmin.


Jessica.


I saw Abdou, whom I met on the subway one day, and who had been asking me out almost daily since. Apparently he did the same thing to Amanda, and even tried to meet both of us on New Year’s. Nice guy.

We all made our way across the street to Old Skool, which is the biggest dump I’ve ever been into, and that includes all those places in college. It’s where all the U.S. military guys go, since they’ve been banned from most other bars in Daegu. I was in there for 10 minutes total, during which time I saw a girl giving a guy a lap dance, a guy giving a girl something more than a lap dance, and a swarm of guys casing my purse. This is the sign placed 20 places around the very small space:


What? No to-li-et sex? Aw, man!

The music was good, but when they started playing “Culo” (by Pitbull, I think), the scene reminded me a little too much of South Florida, and it was time to go. The fighting Latin couple arguing over a girl in the stairwell on my way out proved I made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment