Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

11 October 2009

Church in Korea

When I went out to take Hayes-y out I saw a note on my door that said “Church at 10:30. See you”. Jon asked on Friday if I would go to church with him, and I said sure. (You can stop laughing anytime.) I felt that he was the only person I knew so far, and he was being nice and taking me around all day on Friday, so I would accept his invitation and accompany him to church. I also wanted to meet people; be a “joiner”, for lack of a better term. And I thought you never know where you’re going to meet someone cool.

And they were lovely, really. The service was beautiful, the music was great (many instruments and singers…like a Christ the King flashback), and the people were very nice. It was my first true experience with being unabashedly stared at.

After the service, we went to the restaurant next door with the congregation for lunch and I had delicious soup and rice. Then we went to “youth group”, which I found out really meant “single’s group”, as they are a group that gets together to praise the lord and find a spouse. They had sheet music, and I was quite pleased with myself that I can still sight-read. I couldn’t read the words, but I could hum along with the music. They were very sweet, and said they could try to get English lyrics for the next week for me. They were great, but as most of you are aware, I don’t dig the church thing. I’m not a “god-girl”. Actually, if anything, I’m the “anti-organized-religion” girl.

I was asked to go next to the “single’s mixer”, which is basically a bunch of single god-folks talking about their love of god and watching movies for the afternoon. I met Jon at 10:30am, and at that time it was 3:30pm. I graciously bowed out. I think Jon was disappointed, but I’d had my fill of church for this decade.

I said that I needed to do some shopping, and get organized to start school tomorrow. I had been home for not even one hour when Mrs. Park called and said she was coming to take me to Emart (like Target in the US) for groceries and supplies. So much for resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment