Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

31 October 2009

Adventures in Food: Many things

I've had many interesting food adventures thus far in Korea. I can't read the packaging, so I must rely on pictures or assumption. However, assumption usually fails me here.

I thought this was a package of 4 slices of bread without crusts.



It was actually 4 slices of bread without crusts, buttered with very sweet butter.



I thought these were basic dinner rolls with cheese baked into them.



They were the sweetest rolls I've ever eaten. So much so that I gave them to my dog. He wouldn't eat them either.

I thought this would be delicious. After all, I love SB frappuccinos and I love mint.



It wasn't. At all.

I thought this donut looked tasty.



It was. (The chocolate ganache-like topping literally melts in your mouth. Yum.)

Kelly2 told me that her favorite Ramyeon (ramen) is black ramyeon. I couldn't read the directions, so I made it like soup, as other ramens are eaten here.



It tasted like the soup equivalent of a White Castle hamburger. I wish I was kidding. It was thoroughly inedible.

I thought these Snyder's Pretzels bites in Cheddar Cheese flavor looked appetizing.



They were amazing. They remind me of Nacho Cheese Pretzel Combos. With paprika. they have a slight kick. Delicious.

Crab sticks are individually wrapped here, which makes them especially handy for rolling sushi. But not so good for the environment, with all that unnecessary packaging.





I thought when I saw the package, "Mushroom soup, that could be good." It is, quite good actually. I eat it often.



I don't drink beer, and I don't know if this is any good, but people seem to drink enough of it. (Of course, people drink a lot of Natty Lite, too.)



Every time I see it I think of a high school boyfriend, whose last name is Caffrey. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment