Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

27 February 2010

Watching the Olympics in Korea



Watching the Olympic games in a different country, or with foreign friends, is a totally unique experience. In 2000, I had the honor of watching with my Canadian Tartan Terror friends, and first enjoyed the inter-cultural shouting then. Being in Korea in 2010 for the winter Olympics was much the same. Everyone around me was (of course) "Shouting Korea!" and although I also rooted for the USA team, I couldn't help but join in with the Korean frenzy.

I watched Kim Yuna's final skate which earned her the gold with my coworkers before classes began one day. We were all crying by the end of her amazingly beautiful performance. It was awesome to share that with them.

The headlines the next day say it all, even without understanding the words.


No comments:

Post a Comment