Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

11 February 2010

My Class Rules Wish List

I haven’t actually implemented this, but this is my “wish list” of class rules.

If you are here in body, you must be here in mind also. This means you are:

Listening

Speaking

Participating

Following along in the book

Paying Attention

Trying to do your best

__________________________________________________

No—

No eating in Class.

No texting.

No answering your phone unless it’s an emergency. In this case, please leave the room to talk, so you don’t disrupt the rest of the class.

No writing during speaking time. Pencils down! I’ll give you time to complete the writing assignments, I promise.

No looking at your phone every 2 minutes. I don’t want to see your phone at any time during class. If you want to know the time, wear a watch.

No asking me the time. My answer to you will always be, “It’s class time.” Buy a watch, or trust that I will not keep you longer than the length of your class.

No hitting, flicking, punching, etc. of other students. Hands off.

No interrupting other students, or me.

No cheating.

No “helping” (ie. whispering answers to other students when I ask them a question during class discussions). I asked them the question because I think you already know the answer. If I want your help, I’ll ask for it.

No bullying, teasing, laughing at other students for any reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment