Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

12 February 2010

Happy (Lunar) New Year!

Although some Koreans celebrate the change of the Western calendar year, Lunar New Year is way more important. Some say it's the most important holiday of the year. It's a time to show respect for your elder family members, pray for blessings in the new year, and celebrate growing a year older. Koreans change their age at the start of the new year (but usually January 1st), not on their actual birthday. This is a time to be with family, eat traditional foods, and play! Employers tend to give workers gifts to show their appreciation. Mine gave me a shampoo/toiletries set. It was enormous. Check it out.

Cute bag.


This is the set. All kinds of everything!


How much toothpaste can one person use in a year? (Plus, it doesn't have fluoride, so I won't use any of it!)


I do really like this "Black Pearl" shampoo. I like thinking of Johnny Depp when I shower. ;) Haha. Not really. It's made of black beans, which makes me smile. Another bean product in Korea...

No comments:

Post a Comment