Blowfish.

Blowfish.
The inspiration.

11 July 2011

Credit Progress~ Thanks Korea!

Working in Korea allowed me to send lots of money home to clear up old debts from college. When you take a teaching job in an academy there, your airfare is prepaid for you, your furnished housing is provided, and your only monthly expenses are utilities, food, and fun stuff. So if you set and stick to a budget (even a loose one), you can easily send $1000/month home.

My father helped me to organize everything, negotiate with old creditors, and send out payments. Now that I'm home, I'm starting to see the progress on my credit report and score. In the last two weeks, my score has jumped up 29 points, moving me up a grouping. It's a little sad how excited this makes me. I haven't qualified for much credit since I messed everything up at age 19, so to get out from under some of that is thrilling. And, by the end of January 2012, half the bad stuff will have fallen off, so I'm looking forward to the score continuing to move on up. I couldn't have done this without going to Korea. Thanks, Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment